Optimal Care | Incontinence
What is the difference between incontinence pads and menstrual pads?
Many women and men affected by incontinence use conventional menstrual pads to capture any urine lost. But pads specifically designed for incontinence are even more reliable and still provide discreet help with bladder weakness.
Woman buys incontinence pads
Additional benefits of incontinence pads
If incontinence is not managed properly, there are long-term health risks lying in wait for those affected: from skin irritation and pressure sores to urinary tract infections and kidney disorders. That makes it even more important to reach for the right products if you have symptoms of bladder weakness.
Learn more about incontinence after prostate surgery
- Incontinence products are specifically designed to absorb rapidly flowing urine.
- They are made up of a highly absorbent polymer that keeps moisture away from the skin and ensures that the skin stays not only dry but also free from odours.
- MoliCare® products from HARTMANN also neutralise acidic urine, which can cause skin irritation and rashes.
2. Confidence thanks to discreet protection
- When worn by those affected, high quality incontinence pads offer more security, high wearing comfort and thus more confidence.
- Incontinence products are often referred to as ‘adult nappies’, however. This colloquial expression suggests that incontinence products are uncomfortable or bulky – and that personal independence is lost.
- Wearing an incontinence product does not have to be an unpleasant experience!
3. Shape of male and female bodies
- There are pads specifically designed for the shape of male and female bodies, provide discreet protection and cannot be seen under clothing.
- They offer comfort and rapid absorption of liquid – ensuring they are pleasant to wear.
- With its comprehensive MoliCare® range, you can be sure HARTMANN has the right product for you.
Find your best productSearch Find your best product
With the right incontinence pads you can work, play sport and sleep easily safe in the knowledge that you have the necessary protection. If you would like to use pads specifically developed for incontinence but would prefer not to buy them in a pharmacy near you, you can orderMoliCare® products online at any time of day or night. Depending on the severity, type and frequency of the incontinence as well as your personal preference and fit, MoliCare® from HARTMANN offers the following options:
- If you would like the products to resemble menstrual pads, we recommend the anatomically shaped pads MoliCare® Premium lady pad and MoliCare® Premium MEN Pads, which are worn in normal underwear with the help of the adhesive strip and are available with different absorbency levels.
- Along with pads there are also the anatomically shaped disposable pants MoliCare® Premium lady pants and MoliCare® Premium MEN Pants that are worn like normal underwear. These are also available in different absorbency levels and sizes.
Are you unsure which product will meet your needs? Then use our product finder and order free products to test out. Decide which products are right for you and live carefree again!
1 Kontinenz, Inkontinenz, Kontinenzförderung, Praxishandbuch für Pflegende [Continence, incontinence, continence promotion, clinical handbook for nurses], Hayder, Kuno, Müller, Huber Verlag, page 35 ff