Pregnancy can be an exciting time in anyone’s life, but there are several common pregnancy issues that women, and their partners, can face during pregnancy and after giving birth. It’s important to be aware of these potential problems so that they can be spotted with ease, and it is equally important to know what to do should you come across one of these problems during your pregnancy or throughout the postnatal period.
What are the most common pregnancy issues?
There are several problems that women may come across during their pregnancy.
- Constipation – an increase in progesterone can cause constipation
- Varicose Veins – veins can swell because of extra strain caused by supporting the growth of your baby
- Cramping – sharp, sudden pains in the legs and feet can occur because of the weight gained during pregnancy
- Pre-eclampsia – A potentially dangerous condition that causes high blood pressure during the 2nd half of pregnancy
- Incontinence – pregnancy can weaken the muscles which control the bladders urine flow, causing urine leakage (or incontinence) to occur.
HARTMANN Direct provide a range of incontinence supplies that can help you to manage your pregnancy and postnatal incontinence. If symptoms persist, you must speak to your GP to arrange an incontinence assessment.
Learn more about issues faced during pregnancy
We’ve put together an informative infographic to detail the problems that can occur during and after pregnancy, how common they are, and how you can stay healthy.
Take a look below.